Summer has gone by so fast. One of the best ways to get over it is by booking a mini holiday. Your answer should be Malta. Here are some reasons why you should plan on visiting Malta in Autumn.
1. Autumn is Malta’s second spring and its really nice to enjoy some “cooler” weather when compared with the hot summer months.
2. Less Crowded. Another reason why you should visit Malta during autumn is that beaches, bars and shops are not crowded with tourists.
3. You can still swim. During autumn temperatures are still as high as 30 degrees Celsius, which makes it amazing for a dip in the Mediterranean waters.
4. In September you can expect the first rain shower. This means that after the rain which usually lasts for 1 day or 2, you can go for a walk in the countryside and watch the flowers coming back to life.
5. Cheaper. Malta will be a bit cheaper during the shoulder months of September, October and November, especially when it comes to accommodation.
6. Although temperatures cool down drastically in Malta and Gozo by the end of October into November, when compared with other European Countries Malta still enjoys sunny and warmer days, which makes Malta an ideal destination to visit.
7. Events. Some of the yearly events takes place during Autumn. For example the popular Notte Bianca is normally organised during the early days of October. During the Notte Bianca the capital city of Malta, Valletta, open its doors to all the visitors that would like to visit its unbelievable history. Most museums will be free of charge or offer entrance at a lower fare than usual. There will also be entertainment for all the family.
8. Visit Gozo. Gozo is quite and tranquil even in summer, let alone in Autumn. If you are looking for a relaxing or romantic holiday with your better half, book a weekend break in Gozo and escape the daily routine. You also get the chance to visit magical places like these:
9. Last but not least, you have something to look forward to. We all go to work a bit happier if we know that a holiday is approaching soon, and knowing that your next destination is Malta will surely put a smile on your face and another one in your heart!